C Programming - Fundamentals of Numbers, Variables and Arrays
If you have studied the Introduction to Programming in C course available on Alison it is now time to further enhance your C programming skills by studying numbers, variables and arrays and the functionality they have in computer programming.
In this free online C programming course you will gain a much greater knowledge and understanding of numbers, variables and arrays. You will learn more about the basics of numeric overflow and how numbers are encoded as characters in ASCII. You will learn more about variables and the connection between function return values and variables. You will also review the use of arrays and pointers, how to create a pointer in C, and assign a value to a pointer.
This free online C programming course will be of great interest to IT professionals who want to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the C programming language and its functionality, and to those learners who want to follow on from the Introduction to Programming in C course.
- Understand the basics of numeric overflow;
- Understand how numbers are encoded as characters in ASCII;
- Learn about the connection between function return values and variables;
- Learn about variables when programming in C;
- Understand the use of arrays and pointers;
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 2 )
PROGRAMMING IN C - NUMBERS, VARIABLES AND ARRAYS
1 Programming in C - Numbers, Variables and Arrays
In this module learn more about numbers, variables and arrays when programming in C.
- Basics of signed and unsigned numbers
- The Basics of Numeric Overflow
- Fractional numbers in binary
- Numeric Data Types in C
- The basics of ASCII and the char data type
- How numbers are encoded as characters in ASCII
- Maximum values for unsigned integers in C
- Minimum and maximum values of signed integers
- Introducing Variables
- The connection between function return values and variables
- Terminating strings of text and other data
- More about the printf function and an introduction to placeholders
- Introducing arrays and pointers - part one
- Introducing arrays and pointers - part two
- Introducing the pointer data type
- How to create a pointer in C
- Assigning a value to a pointer
- Getting the value stored at a memory address using a pointer
- A chance to practice and use what you have learned
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Programming in C Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Programming in C - Fundamentals of Numbers, Variables and Arrays Assessment