An employer becomes aware of possible illegal or inappropriate conduct by a member of staff. The employer now has to consider what action they will take to establish the facts and, if appropriate, take disciplinary action or contact the police. This free online employee investigation course takes the learner through the role of an Employee Investigator referencing the Private Security industry, the Police force and the law as it applies in the UK. To work within the law in the UK the learner will be introduced to all the major legislation impacting on the role of Employee Investigator, from RIPA and PACE to the TORT law and what constitutes theft. The learner will also be introduced to Employee Rights, how to document any findings from an investigation, how the Employee Investigator should conduct him/herself during the investigation, how to report back to the client and how to proceed with an arrest should that become necessary. This free online employee investigation course will be of great interest to security professionals wanting to work as an Employee Investigator, and to employers and human resource professionals who need to understand the role of the Employee Investigator.
- Understanding the need and role of Employee Investigators;
- Know the legislation an Employee Investigator must be familiar with and why;
- Learn how to develop a ‘pattern of life’ study;
- Be familiar with interim and final reports, witness statement and the use of the Pocket Notebook;
- Understand how to use techniques such triggering and grey-scale;
- Know how to conduct an operation.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Introduction to Employee Investigation in the UK
Modules List( 2 )
INTRODUCTION TO EMPLOYEE INVESTIGATION IN THE UK
1 Employee Investigation in the UK
- Introduction to Employee Investigation
- RIPA and the Law of TORT
- PACE - Police and Criminal Evidence Act Introduction
- PACE - Codes of Practice
- Theft Law 1968
- The Arrest and the Police Station
- SIA - the Security Industry Authority
- Evidence and Recording Infrormation
- Conducting the Investigation
- Reporting and Witness Statements
Links to PACE, RIPA, SIA and the Theft Act 1968 View Resource
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Employee Investigation Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Introduction to Employee Investigation assessment