Managing Safety and Health in Schools (International)
School principals, managers and teachers should know about health and safety when engaged in work or as future members of the workforce. This short course introduces the management of school safety and health. Health and safety in the workplace or school is the responsibility of everyone - managers, teachers, employees, and the students. This free online course covers, in a general way, various health and safety regulations.
Upon completion of this course you will understand the role of safety representatives and the safety commitee in a school. You will be more aware of how safety and health can be effectively managed. You will know how to create an accident report. You will be able to plan in the event of an emergency or accident. This course will help you to identify risks and hazards in school. You will know your duties and responsibilities. You will be able to create an effective safety statement. You will understand health and safety legislation.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 1 )
1 Managing Safety and Health in Schools
Learn about safety hazards and accident prevention in schools. This free course on school safety and health is relevant to all school principals or managers and any new members of staff.Note: This is not the summer course that entitles primary school teachers to EPV days.
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Safety and Health Legislation and General Duties
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety Statement
- Lesson 1: Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 2: Introduction to Risk Assessment
- What is a Hazard?
- Types of Hazards
- What is Risk?
- Measuring Risk
- Risk Assessment
- Working Safely
- Lesson 2: Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Emergency Planning, Reporting Accidents/Dangerous Occurrences
- Emergency Planning
- Accidents and Dangerous Occurences
- An Accident Report Scenario
- Lesson 3: Summary and Assessment
- Lesson 4: Introduction to Safety and Health Management System
- Safety and Health Management
- Safety Committee
- Lesson 4: Summary and Assessment