Sign-up today to join over 9 million learners already on ALISON:
Introduction to Stress Management Course
In this free online course Introduction to Stress Management, you will be introduced to stress and the history of stress. You will learn about the different types of stress and what can trigger each of them. You will also learn the three stages of stress and be able to explain each of them individually.
The course begins by introducing you to stress and the history and genesis of stress research. You will learn about the differences between eustress and distress. You will also be able to explain the importance of how stress can be helpful to an individual.
The course will inform you about stressors and the different types of stressors. People react differently in stressful situations, from this course, you will be able to explain why this is and why some people return to their resting rate sooner than others after a stressful situation. The course will then present you with information on how to bounce back from stress and the role of personality factors in stress.
Finally, you will learn about how stress can occur in college for both a fresher and a senior student and ways to overcome this stress. This free Alison course would be of great interest to anyone who suffers from stress or those who have studied, or going to study, psychology and stress management.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe what stress is.
- Explain why individuals respond differently during a stressful situation.
- Explain the history and genesis of stress research.
- Define the difference between eustress and distress.
- Explain how stress can be helpful to an individual.
- List the effects of acute stress.
- Discuss the role of personality factors in stress.
- Explain the role of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Describe how to bounce back from stress.
- List stressors in college.
- Describe the effects of stress in college.
Share This Course!