Sign-up today to join over 9 million learners already on ALISON:
Diploma in Marketing Management
The free online course Diploma in Marketing Management provides a broad overview of marketing and marketing management. It also discusses ways to capture marketing insights in order to aid marketers in making decisions about their products or services.
The course begins by introducing you to the process of marketing and core marketing concepts. You will learn about the marketing of products and services and how they differ. You will also learn about the theory behind modern marketing and how it has evolved over the years. Next, you will be introduced to competitor analysis and its important features. You will learn about marketing objectives, strategies, PESTEL framework, SWOT analysis and how they can be used in marketing.This course will also teach you the ways of doing competition and customer analyses.
Next, you will be introduced to the marketing information system and its essential components and how it is used by marketers. You will also learn about the marketing research process, different types of marketing research and how it is used to capture marketing insights.
Finally, you will learn different ways in which marketing research can be approached. You will learn about measurement, scaling and how they are used in marketing research. You will also get introduced to the process of sampling and the features of different sampling techniques. You will also learn how data is collected and prepared in order to be ready for analysis and data analysis methods.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Define the process and function of marketing.
- Describe how the marketing process works.
- Discuss core marketing concepts.
- Discuss examples of good and bad marketing.
- Discuss how marketing of services differs from marketing of goods.
- Discuss how marketing theory has evolved up until today.
- Discuss limitations and criticisms of marketing theory.
- Discuss important features of competitor analysis.
- Describe the objectives of marketing.
- Describe ways to analyse a company’s marketing strategy.
- Discuss different strategies for marketing.
- Discuss the different factors of the PESTEL framework.
- Discuss SWOT Analysis.
- Describe what is involved in competitive analysis.
- Define a marketing information system.
- Describe the components of a marketing information system.
- Describe the marketing research process.
- Describe the Marketing Decision Problem.
- Describe the Marketing Research Problem.
- Discuss different types of marketing research.
- Discuss exploratory research methods and techniques.
Share This Course!