Sign-up today to join over 6 million learners already on ALISON:
What Great Leaders Do Course
In this free online course Professor Bob Sutton reveals the successful habits of well respected leaders, and outlines the type of habits practised by those who fail to lead. He points out that when people move into positions of power, they can easily loose sight of the needs of those they lead. In this course you will learn what the hallmarks of great leaders are, how leaders need to hear the truth and how to deal with team disagreements. You will learn about rotten apples and how they must be removed for the health and longevity of a team. He also explains the best way to "wage war" with an ineffective leader. This course will be of great interest to all business professionals who lead a company or a team and want to improve their leadership skills. This course will also be of great interest to those who are moving into a management position and want to unlock their leadership potential.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
- Learn the best habits of effective managers and the worst habits of those who fail to lead;
- Why the best bosses work hard to remain in-tune with those they manage;
- What happens when bosses does not pay attention to their employees while being closely watched by those same employees;
- Explain the three things that can happen to cause “power poisoning”;
- Learn the hallmarks and strategies of smart in-tune bosses;
- Why managers often find it difficult to hear the truth;
- What are the strategies for dealing with team disagreements;
- What indicators to look for to determine if a prospective boss will be pleasant and effective;
- The best approach to telling an ineffective manager what you really think.
Share This Course!