Sign-up today to join over 9 million learners already on ALISON:
Critical Skills for Entrepreneurs Course
Jerry Kaplan is widely known in the computer industry as a serial entrepreneur, executive, technical innovator and author. In this free online course he explains what the best qualities of serial entrepreneurs are and the five biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs make. He discusses the five critical skills that entrepreneurs need: leadership, communication, decision-making, being a team player and the ability to telescope. He explains the vital importance of sales skills and recruiting people to sell for you. This course will show you how the timing of an idea is very important and why it is very difficult to call. Kaplan shares his advice on the types of risks that companies face when they start off and how the trick is to get the risk out as soon as possible. He discusses the best time to start a business, why he admires and respects business leaders such as Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos and how to establish culture and values in a company early on. He also talks about how roles change within a company when there is a transition away from R&D. This course will be of great interest to business professionals, entrepreneurs, business students and anyone with a general interest in gaining a better knowledge and understanding of the critical skills needed by entrepreneurs to create successful businesses.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
- Describe the five biggest mistakes that entrepreneurs make;
- What are the best qualities of successful entrepreneurs;
- Explain the five critical skills that entrepreneurs need;
- Why companies have personalities that reflect the personalities of the founders;
- How every idea is repeatedly proposed therefore timing of an idea is very important;
- What are the different kinds of risks that an entrepreneur faces when starting a company;
- When is the best time to start a company;
- Who are Jerry Kaplan’s top leaders;
- Why an entrepreneur should establish culture and values early on;
- How roles change within a company when a transition from R&D happens;
Share This Course!