Sign-up today to join over 6 million learners already on ALISON:
Characteristics of the Successful Entrepreneur Course
Jeff Hawkins is the co-founder of Palm and Handspring and is the architect of many computing products such as the PalmPilot and the Treo smartphone. In this course he will take you on a journey through his career, how he became an entrepreneur and the importance of believing in your product. He teaches valuable lessons about the importance of experience, following your passions and how to keep a work/life balance. He discusses how to design successful products, the role of market research and the need to continuously test products. In terms of the company workplace, he talks about how a good business culture and a strong human resources policy are vital. You will also learn about the importance and inevitability of portable technology. This course will be of great interest to business professionals who will learn much from the experience, knowledge and wisdom Jeff Hawkins has gained over his career. It will also be of interest to business students setting out on their careers, in particular those who would like to become technology entrepreneurs.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
After studying this course you will learn:
- How entrepreneurship is a means to an end, as opposed to an end in itself;
- Why each entrepreneur is unique in their own way;
- How it helps to have experience under your belt before you start your own business;
- The importance of doing something you believe in;
- Maintaining a work/life balance;
- Defining your company’s culture and creating a good solid culture;
- Dealing with difficult negotiations;
- How to design successful products;
- Understanding the role of market research;
- Examine important subjects that entrepreneurs should be well versed in;
- Why you should test products, product marketing and innovating continuously;
- Learn the importance and inevitability of portability;
Share This Course!