Sign-up today to join over 7 million learners already on ALISON:
Creating Business Start-Ups The Kawasaki Way Course
Guy Kawasaki is best known as “chief evangelist” of Apple. In this free online course he gives important lessons about entrepreneurship. He explains why he thinks that the most successful companies will be those that aim to create a positive change in society. He explains how to make meaning in your company so that you can make a difference. You will learn about mantras, getting going, defining a business model and creating a niche for your company. He also recommends that you hire “infected” people, people who love the product or service. You will also learn about lowering barriers to adoption, approaching sales and how to become a “mensch”. He discusses how to find evangelists and soul mates and what is the career path to becoming an entrepreneur or venture capitalist. This course will be of great interest to all business professionals or budding entrepreneurs who are interested in starting up a business and would like to hear advice and guidance from someone who has already done it successfully but who has also been very close to extraordinary achievement in the area of the growth of high technology businesses.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
- Learn ways to make meaning in your company;
- Why you should write a mantra as opposed to a mission statement;
- What are barriers to action and how to get going;
- What are the steps according to Kawasaki to defining a business model;
- Learn the theory that is all an entrepreneur will need to know about marketing;
- Learn about the art of pitching;
- What is the most important factor when hiring people;
- Understand the three ways Kawasaki recommends to approach sales;
- What are some of the qualities that Kawasaki believes entrepreneurs and everyone else should have;
- The benefits and drawbacks of bootstrapping and venture capital;
- How to find evangelists and soul mates;
- The lessons one should learn before becoming a venture capitalist or entrepreneur;
Share This Course!