Sign-up today to join over 5 million learners already on ALISON:
Achieving Personal Success Course
Tom Kelley is the highly respected general manager of IDEO, a firm that helps its clients create innovative products, services and environments. He is also the author of best-selling books on creativity.
In ALISON's free online course about achieving personal success, Kelley starts by explaining how achieving personal success depends on implementing good, healthy mental habits. The course explains how you should treat life as an experiment, how you should be willing to fail and learn from your mistakes. Kelley advises that you should have confidence in what you know well, but realize that you have a lot more to learn and that you must keep yourself learning at all times. You will also learn about using your whole brain and how you should make the most of opportunities to use the right side of the brain.
This course will appeal to all working professionals in businesses and organizations, and students who want to gain greater knowledge and understanding about achieving personal success.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
After studying this personal success course you will learn:
- Why you should resist the forces that chip away at creative energy and make an effort toward innovation to remain young at heart;
- Why it is ok to be an artist, an innovator and a design thinker;
- Explain why fostering lifelong creativity depends on instituting good, healthy mental habits;
- How it is important to field observations with fresh eyes in order to spot new opportunities;
- Why you should treat life as an experiment, take risks and be prepared for ideas not to work out;
- How you can cultivate an attitude of wisdom and keep learning more at all times;
- Examine a case study in which Best Buy were overly confident in their knowledge of the market and failed to spot Napster;
- Why you should use your whole brain and the importance of using your tortoise mind;
- Why you should follow you passionate career path and do what you love.
Share This Course!