Dominic Orr, CEO from Aruba Networks, started up a small company in a market which was dominated by the likes of CISCO Networks. It was a daunting task bringing his own product to market in competition with such a huge giant of technology.
In this free online course Dominic reveals what drove him to follow his passion and see it through to execution. He reviews the fundamental characteristics and support systems needed to bring a small startup business to where Aruba Networks is today. He discusses how it was necessary to bring big company culture and attitudes to his start-up business to maximise productivity from his team of employees so that the business could capitalise on its IPO and bring the company to world-class level. Brutal honesty is a phrase he uses more than once to define how key decisions were made throughout this growing process.
This course will be of great interest to business professionals and entrepreneurs starting up their own business or growing an existing business and who are competing in a market dominated by large multinational companies.
- How Aruba was founded and the driving factors to successful;
- Discuss the key values to getting the most out of employees;
- Understand what drives a person like Dominic Orr to success;
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Transferring Big Company Culture to Startups
Modules List( 2 )
TRANSFERRING BIG COMPANY CULTURE TO STARTUPS
1 Transferring Big Company Culture to Startups
In this module learn more about transferring big company culture to business startups.
- Transferring Big Company Culture to Startups
- Competing with Giants: It's All about Speed
- Differences between Going Public in the Dot-com and Post Dot-com Eras
- Private versus Public Company Tradeoffs: Building Credibility
- Seeking Advice and Guidance as a CEO
- Working With and Making Decisions with Great People
- Work-Life Balance for Driven People
- Silicon Valley Compared to the World
- Differences between Student Life and Professional Life
- Challenges in Cracking Big Markets
- Selling High-Tech Products and Services to an Executive Team
- Lessons from Applying the HP Way to Startups
- The Benefits of Advanced Technical Training
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Transferring Big Company Culture Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Transferring Big Company Culture to Startups Assessment