This free online course features Steve Blank who is a serial entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in high technology companies and management. He is also a Consulting Professor at Stanford in the Graduate School of Engineering.
In this course he discusses rethinking the product development model so that early stage companies can reduce their overall exposure to risk. You will learn that most start-ups fail because they don’t target the right market or the right customer. Steve Blank explains the customer development process and how successful businesses seek out real customers, ask for their feedback and analyse and fix any problems these customers encounter. He gives advice about not seeking media coverage too soon and also why company founders have been thrown out of their own companies.
This course shows why customer feedback must not be outsourced and why it is important that company founders speak directly to their customers. You will also learn why there shouldn’t be vice presidents in a start-up and what a customer development team is for.
This course will be of great interest to business professionals and entrepreneurs who want to gain greater knowledge and understanding about rethinking the product development model in business start-ups.
- Learn why entrepreneurs should rethink the product development process;
- How the failure of entrepreneurs to pinpoint the right market or the right customer is the reason most start-ups fail;
- How an entrepreneur can prove a working hypothesis in relation to their customers and markets;
- Why the company founders should be the first to try to generate sales;
- Explain why you shouldn’t seek publicity and media coverage too soon;
- Learn how starting a company and growing a company are two different skill sets;
- Why customer feedback shouldn’t be outsourced;
- Discuss why start-ups are not junior versions of larger companies.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Rethinking the Product Development Process
Modules List( 2 )
RETHINKING THE PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
1 Rethinking the Product Development Process
In this module learn how to rethink the product development process.
- Rethinking the Product Development Process
- Assessing Customer and Market Risks
- The Customer Development Process
- Engineers and Founders: The First Sales Team
- Don't Seek Publicity Too Soon
- Company Building as Shakespearean Tragedy
- Acting on Customer Discovery
- No VP's in a Start-up
- Intimate Customer Understanding
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Rethinking the Product Development Process Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Rethinking the Product Development Process Assessment