In this free online course Professor Bob Sutton reveals the successful habits of well respected leaders, and outlines the type of habits practiced by those who fail to lead. He points out that when people move into positions of power, they can easily loose sight of the needs of those they lead. In this course you will learn what the hallmarks of great leaders are, how leaders need to hear the truth and how to deal with team disagreements. You will learn about rotten apples and how they must be removed for the health and longevity of a team. He also explains the best way to "wage war" with an ineffective leader.
This course will be of great interest to all business professionals who lead a company or a team and want to improve their leadership skills. This course will also be of great interest to those who are moving into a management position and want to unlock their leadership potential.
- Learn the best habits of effective managers and the worst habits of those who fail to lead;
- Why the best bosses work hard to remain in-tune with those they manage;
- What happens when bosses does not pay attention to their employees while being closely watched by those same employees;
- Explain the three things that can happen to cause “power poisoning”;
- Learn the hallmarks and strategies of smart in-tune bosses;
- Why managers often find it difficult to hear the truth;
- What are the strategies for dealing with team disagreements;
- What indicators to look for to determine if a prospective boss will be pleasant and effective;
- The best approach to telling an ineffective manager what you really think.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
What Great Leaders Do
Modules List( 2 )
WHAT GREAT LEADERS DO
1 What Great Leaders Do
In this module learn about the practices of great leaders.
- What Great Leaders Do
- Listen to Those You Lead
- The Toxic Tandem
- Power Poisoning
- Hallmarks of Great Bosses
- Listening for the Truth
- Accept Defeat and Commit
- Pruning the Rotten Apples
- A Good Boss or a Bad Boss?
- Fighting a Bad Boss
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 What Great Leaders Do Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- What Great Leaders Do Assessment