It is important for those who spend long periods of time working with computers to know about workstation ergonomics, also known as DSE. This free online course demonstrates the recommended way to use computer equipment in a safe and healthy way. Given the widespread use of computers at work and beyond, this course is increasingly vital in today's world.
You will be able to identify the key factors that can affect workstation ergonomics and the most important physical factors that you should be aware of when at your workstation. This course will help you to identify and understand Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Modules List( 1 )
1 Workstation Ergonomics
Workstation Ergonomics This DSE course covers safety and health at the computer workstation. Workplace health and safety is dependent on workers using computers safely. Keeping healthy at work is important for all. This course informs and instructs employers and workers as to how to stay safe at work. The Contents tab displays all the lessons and topics of the course. Each time you click the Contents tab, you will come to this page. A green tick indicates those lessons and topics you have completed, so you can easily see your progress.
- Workstation Ergonomics
- Lesson 1: An Overview of Workstation Ergonomics
- Lesson 1: Topic 1: Introduction to Ergonomics
- Lesson 1: Topic 2: Factors Affecting Workstation Ergonomics
- Lesson 2: Designing an Ergonomic Workstation
- Lesson 2: Topic 1: Using a VDU Effectively
- Lesson 2: Topic 2: Equipment for an Ergonomic Workstation
- Lesson 2: Topic 3: Physical Ergonomic Factors
- Lesson 2: Topic 4: Environmental Ergonomic Factors
- Lesson 2: Topic 5: Case Study – Ergonomics
- Lesson 3: Recognizing Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Lesson 3 Topic 1: Recognizing MSDs
- Lesson 3 Topic 2: Preventing MSDs
- Lesson 3 Topic 3: Case Study - MSDs