This course aims to provide healthcare line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare settings.
This module, Module 3 , introduces you to Biological Agent Hazards in Healthcare . It can be studied as a stand alone module or as part of the full course.
Module 3 is split into three topics.
- Topic 1: Introduction to Biological Agents,
- Topic 2: Biological Agents Risk Assessment, and
- Topic 3: Implementing Control Measures.
Please note that the module is intended as an overview and may need to be supplemented by more specific training and / or specialised advice.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- outline the four biological agent risk groups
- identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to biological agents in the workplace
- recognise the types of health effects associated with hazardous biological agents
- describe how to carry out a biological agents risk assessment in the workplace, and
- describe the measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from harmful effects of hazardous biological agents.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.