Standard Arabic is the first language of hundreds of millions of people in 26 countries across the Middle East and North Africa. The Arabic language has a great history and heritage in the fields of literature, theology and science.
In this free online Arabic class, you will be introduced to the Arabic language and you will gain a clear knowledge and understanding of important facets of the language such as the Arabic alphabet, pronunciation of Arabic words, the use of verbs and nouns, and how to read and write simple sentences in Arabic. As you learn Arabic online, you will also be introduced to basic vocabulary such as days of the week, numbers and colours, which will give you confidence to continue building your knowledge of Arabic vocabulary.
This free Arabic language course will be of great interest to professionals who may be conducting business in the Middle East or North Africa and would like to learn the basics of the Arabic language, and to all learners who would like a greater understanding of this fascinating and important world language.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the Arabic alphabet;
- Pronounce Arabic words;
- Read and write basic Arabic sentences;
- and identify basic Arabic vocabulary.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Introduction to Arabic
Modules List( 2 )
INTRODUCTION TO ARABIC
1 Introduction to Arabic
In this module learn more about the Arabic language.
- Arabic alphabet
- Arabic alphabet & personal pronouns
- Gender, suffix pronouns and very easy nominal sentences
- Definite article and demonstrative pronouns
- Sound plural, questions, plural pronouns
- Broken Plural, Plural agreement, plural demonstrative pronouns
- Numbers 1-10, colours, prepositions
- Root letters, verbs past tense
- Negating the past tense, verbal agreement, the plural forms of verbs in the past tense
- The days of the week, verbs in the present tense
- Verbs, colours and negating the present tense
- Verbs, nouns and prepositions, the subject and object of a sentence
- Sun and moon letters, time adverbials
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Introduction to Arabic Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Introduction to Arabic Assessment