Swedish is spoken by over 10 million people in Sweden and is mutually intelligible in neighbouring countries such as Finland, Norway and Denmark. The Swedish language is a descendent of Old Norse which was the common language of people living in Scandinavia during the 8th to 11th centuries known as the Viking Era. Swedish has a proud tradition in literature and the arts, and today Sweden has a thriving modern economy with important trade links throughout Europe.
In this free online Swedish language course, you will learn the basics of Swedish grammar and be introduced to word order in sentences, verb formation, and the use of nouns, pronouns and adjectives. You will also learn important pronunciation skills and build your knowledge of vocabulary.
This free course will be of interest to all business professionals who are conducting business in Sweden or other Scandinavian countries and who feel they would benefit by learning the basics of the Swedish language, and to all learners who would like a greater understanding of this important Northern European language.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Display proper use of nouns;
- Practise pronunciation skills;
- Display proper use of pronouns;
- Understand word order in sentences;
- Display proper use of adjectives;
- and identify Swedish vocabulary.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Introduction to Swedish
Modules List( 2 )
INTRODUCTION TO SWEDISH
1 Introduction Swedish
Learn more about the basics of the Swedish language.
- Word Order 1
- Word Order 2
- Verbs 1
- Verbs 2
- Nouns 1
- Nouns 2
- Pronouns 1
- Pronouns 2
- Adjectives 1
- Adjectives 2
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Introduction to Swedish Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Introduction to Swedish Assessment