The rise of fascism as a political movement during the middle of the 20th century was a key period in the history of modern Europe as it eventually led to a world war and the division of Europe as part of the Cold War. The rise of fascism also unleashed an unprecedented attack on minority populations and communities, in particular the Jewish population of Europe, that resulted in millions of deaths in concentration camps. In this fascinating free online course you will learn about the rise of the Nazi party led by Adolf Hitler and how economic chaos in Germany helped propel the party into power. The course then describes how the Nazi party turned Germany into a one-party dictatorship which they called the Third Reich. You will also learn how Benito Mussolini came to power in Italy in the 1920s, how the Italian political system was turned into a fascist dictatorship and the relationship that formed between Hitler and Mussolini as the leaders of the two main fascist powers. This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about the rise of the fascist political movement in Europe during the 1920s and 1930s and the outcome which led to a world war and the Holocaust.
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Describe the rise of the Nazi party in Germany during the 1920s and 1930s;
- Describe how the Nazi party turned Germany into a one-party dictatorship;
- Describe the aggression and violence shown by the Nazi party to neighboring countries;
- Describe the aggression and violence shown by the Nazi party to ethnic minorities in Germany;
- Describe the rise of Mussolini in Italian politics during the 1920s;
- Describe how Mussolini turned Italy into the first fascist dictatorship;
- Describe the relationship between Hitler and Mussolini during the 1930s.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
World History - The Rise of Fascism
Modules List( 2 )
WORLD HISTORY - THE RISE OF FASCISM
1 World History - The Rise of Fascism
Learn more about the rise of fascism in Europe during the mid-20th Century.
- Rise of Fascism - Learning Outcomes
- Initial rise of Hitler and the Nazis
- Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch
- Hitler and the Nazis Come to Power
- Night of the Long Knives
- Nazi Aggression and Appeasement
- Fascism and Mussolini
- Mussolini becomes Prime Minister
- Mussolini becomes Absolute Dictator - Il Duce
- Mussolini aligns with Hitler
- Lesson Summary
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
Module 2: World History - The Rise of Fascism Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- The Rise of Fascism Assessment