Understanding Supply Chain Ecosystems is a free online course that describes how a system of organizations, people, activities, information, and resources are involved in moving a product or service from supplier to customer.
The course describes how modern supply chains have evolved into complex international networks, which can no longer be adequately described using the linear concept of a ‘chain’. You will learn how modern supply chain ecosystems now comprise of a network of companies, countries and their governments, social and political organisations, natural, industrial (clusters), financial and human resources, delivery infrastructure including logistics and IT, and knowledge of the industrial environment. You will see how within these ecosystems, each configuration is unique to the particular enterprise that owns that supply chain.
This free online course will be of great interest to all professionals who work in the areas of operations management, logistics, procurement and information technology, and to all learners who are interested in developing a career in the area of supply chain management.
Having completed this module the learner will be able to:
- Define what supply chain ecosystem is;
- Describe how to map a supply chain ecosystem;
- Describe how to use the ecosystem framework in supply chain analysis;
- Describe how modern manufacturing and services are intertwined.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Understanding Supply Chain Ecosystems
Modules List( 2 )
UNDERSTANDING SUPPLY CHAIN ECOSYSTEMS
1 Understanding Supply Chain Ecosystems
Learn more about supply chain ecosystems.
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Learning Outcomes
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 1
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 2
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 3
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 4
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 5
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 6
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 7
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 8
- Supply Chain Ecosystems - Part 9
- Lesson Summary
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
Module 2: Understanding Supply Chain Ecosystems Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Supply Chain Ecosystem Assessment