Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management
Learn more about modern human resource management practices and procedures with this free online HR course.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificationView course modules
This course will first give you an overview of the seven main responsibilities of HR managers. You will learn how to develop strategic human resource management plans and learn why diversity and multiculturalism are important to the success of organizations. You will then cover the recruitment, interviewing, testing, and selection of employees as well as learn the goals of a compensation plan. The course will also teach you the four steps involved when training an employee and the types of training that can be offered within an organization.
Next, you will study the uses and applications of a career development program and learn the four types of communication in the workplace. You will also look at the various types of management styles, the types of performance issues that occur in the workplace, and the considerations for initiating layoffs or downsizing. The course will also cover the rights of employees, the various appraisal methods, the OSHA laws, and the health concerns that can affect employees at work.
This Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management course will be of great interest to all HRM professionals who would like to learn more about modern human resource practices and procedures. The course will also be of great benefit to managers, supervisors, and anyone who may have to take on HR management responsibilities as part of their duties within a business or organization. So, start studying the course today and boost your human resources management skills in just a few short hours.Start Course Now
Having completed this diploma course the learner will be able to: -
- Identify the seven main responsibilities of HRM managers;
- Discuss why diversity and multiculturalism are important to the success of organizations;
- Outline the recruitment and selection process;
- Explain the various types of interviews and interview questions;
- Explain the types of tests that can be administered as part of the selection process;
- Explain the goals of a compensation plan;
- Explain the four steps involved when training an employee;
- Explain and give examples of the types of training that can be offered within an organization;
- Understand the uses and applications of a career development program;
- Describe the four types of communication in the workplace;
- Define the various types of management styles;
- Explain the types of performance issues that occur in the workplace;
- Discuss considerations for initiating layoffs or downsizing;
- Explain employee rights;
- Describe the various appraisal methods;
- Explain OSHA laws;
- Explain health concerns that can affect employees at work.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.
Free, Online Diploma in Modern Human Resource Management Course
This Course has been revised!
For a more enjoyable learning experience, we recommend that you study the mobile-friendly republished version of this course.Take me to revised course.