Google Android applications for mobile devices using the Android operating system are increasing in popularity with millions of these applications being purchased every year.
In this free online course, leading Android developers will talk you through a variety of topics relating to Android apps development in a series of video presentations.
Topics covered include architecture overview, application lifecycle, Android APIs, Android app development, development tools and the Android User Interface.
This course is an ideal introduction for students who want to learn more about application development for mobile devices and, in particular, those interested in Android.
Upon completion of this course you will understand Android architecture and the key principles underlying its design. You will gain a good knowledge of how Android can achieve smooth integration with different components.You will have a good understanding the processes that are involved in an application. You will have a knowledge of different applications available with Android. You will become familiar with Android development tools and user interface.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Fundamentals of Google Android Development
Modules List( 6 )
1 Introduction to Android Development
- Architecture Overview
- Application Lifestyle
- Android APIs
Module 1: Extra Course Material View Resource
2 Beginner's Guide to Android App Development
- Anatomy of an App
- Intents and Activity Lifecycle
- Surfacing Your Content
- Android App Tools and Publishing
3 Android Apps
- Android Apps are Created Equal
- Android Apps Can Embed the Web
- Android Apps without Borders
- Android Apps Can Run in Parallel
4 Android Development Tools
- Introduction to New Features
- Tools Walkthrough - Part 1
- Tools Walkthrough - Part 2
- Tools Walkthrough - Part 3
- Other Design Tools - Part 1
- Other Design Tools - Part 2
5 Android User Interface
- Background and Images
- Drawing and Invalidating
- Hierarchy Viewer
- Views and Layouts
- Memory Allocations
Useful Links View Resource
6 Google Android Assessment
- Google Android Assessment