The free online course Understanding Cross-Cultural Communication in International Business offers business professionals advice and guidance for communicating effectively with work colleagues and clients who come from different cultural backgrounds.
The course first introduces learners to the concept of cross-cultural communication and its importance in the modern globalized workplace. The course then describes strategies for identifying both similar and divergent cultural characteristics across different cultures, and why they play an important role in effective cross-cultural communication. Learners will be introduced to potential barriers to cross-cultural communication such as language, religion and food, and the course suggests suitable ways of overcoming them.
Many business professionals move abroad as part of an international assignment and this course also gives guidance and advice on how best to prepare for moving to a country with a different culture, and effective strategies for living and working within a different culture. This free online course will be of great interest to all business professionals who would like a greater understanding of cross-cultural communication and how it plays an important role in conducting effective international business.
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Define and discuss how to facilitate intercultural communication;
- Discuss the concept of common and divergent cultural characteristics and list several examples of such characteristics;
- Discuss how various styles of management, including Theory X, Y, and Z, influence workplace culture;
- Describe how to prepare for an international assignment;
- Describe effective strategies for living and working abroad.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Understanding Cross-Cultural Communication in International Business
Modules List( 3 )
1 Business Communication - Introduction to Cross-Cultural Communication
Learn more about cross-cultural communication in business.
- Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- How to Understand Intercultural Communication
- Common Cultural Characteristics
- Divergent Cultural Characteristics
- International Communication and the Global Marketplace
- Styles of Management
- The International Assignment
- Lesson Summary
Module 2: Developing Cross-Cultural Business Communication Skills
Learn how to develop cross-cultural business communication skills.
- Learning Outcomes
- Cross Cultural Communication - Part 1
- Cross Cultural Communication - Part 2
- Cross Cultural Communication - Part 3
- Barriers to Cross Cultural Communication - Part 1
- Barriers to Cross Cultural Communication - Part 2
- Barriers to Cross Cultural Communication - Part 3
- Five Dimensions of Cultural Variability - Part 1
- Five Dimensions of Cultural Variability - Part 2
- Five Dimensions of Cultural Variability - Part 3
- Environmental and Perceptual Contexts - Part 1
- Environmental and Perceptual Contexts - Part 2
- Environmental and Perceptual Contexts - Part 3
- Lesson Summary
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
Module 3: Cross-Cultural Communication Skills Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Business Communication - Cross-Cultural Communication Assessment