Risk and reward are two important elements of investment. An investor expects that the more risk that is taken with an investment the higher the reward should be. In this free online course the learner will be introduced to the role of risk and reward in investment and the different types of risk and reward that are available depending on the type of investment.
This course also compares investment with consumption and how investment during property bubbles can actually destroy wealth.
This online course will be of great interest to professionals in the areas of finance and investments, and to all learners who would like to learn more about the risks and rewards of investments.
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Explain the role of risk and reward in investment;
- Describe the different types of risk and reward;
- Explain the difference between investment versus consumption;
- Describe how wealth can be destroyed by property bubbles.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Understanding Risk and Reward in Finance
Modules List( 2 )
UNDERSTANDING RISK AND REWARD IN FINANCE
1 Understanding Risk and Reward in Finance
Learn more about risk and reward in investment.
- Risk and Reward - Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Risk and Reward
- Human Capital
- Return on Capital
- Investment vs. Consumption - Part 1
- Investment vs. Consumption - Part 2
- Wealth Destruction - Part 1
- Wealth Destruction - Part 2
- Office Space Conundrum
- Lesson Summary
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
Module 2: Risk and Reward in Finance Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Risk and Reward Assessment