Most people who learn a second language would like to master enough of that language to be able to engage in basic conversations when meeting people in social settings. This free online English language course will help you improve your social English language skills so that you will be able to communicate confidently with people in social settings.
The course starts by showing you how to meet and greet people and how to engage in small talk. You will also learn how to make suggestions, requests, and offers, how to talk about what you do in your spare time, and give opinions on different topics. This free online English language course will give you much greater confidence when communicating with people in social settings and allow you to engage in conversations that are fun and meaningful.
This course will be of great interest to all students who have completed the free online course titled 'Introduction to Conversational English' available on Alison and who would like to further improve their English language skills.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Engage in basic conversations when meeting people in social settings;
- Communicate confidently with people;
- Meet and greet people;
- Engage in small talk;
- Make suggestions, requests and offers;
- Talk about what you do in your spare time;
- and give opinions on different topics.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Social English Language Skills
Modules List( 2 )
IMPROVING YOUR SOCIAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
1 Improving Your Social English Language Skills
In this module learn how to improve your English language skills.
- Meeting People
- English for socialising
- Small talk in English
- Making Suggestions
- Requests and Offers
- Spare Time vocabulary
- Giving Opinions
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Social English Language Skills Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Social English Language Skills Assessment