This free online course uses the Web-based e-mail service from Google™ called Gmail™, (Google Mail in the UK and Germany), to introduce you to the basics of e-mail in general, and how to use Gmail, specifically. Gmail is Web-based e-mail service, and is not dependent on your using email software loaded on your own personal computer, like for Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. When using Gmail and other Web-based e-mail platforms, you can access your e-mail from any Internet-connected computer in the world. This free e-learning course shows you how to create Gmail accounts, get an e-mail address, and organize your Gmail account.
Upon completion of this course you will you will be able to sign up and create your own
Gmail account, create a list of contacts and send an email. You will become more familiar with the different settings when using Gmail.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Modules List( 1 )
How to use Gmail
- Topic 0: Understanding E-mail
- Topic 1: Signing Up For Gmail
- Topic 2: Getting Started With Gmail
- Topic 3: Messaging Part One
- Topic 4: Messaging Part Two