Developing Business Ideas The Google Way
Marissa Mayer has led product management efforts at Google as Google's Vice President of Search Products & User Experience products. Her responsibilities cover such products as Google Search, Gmail, Google Chrome and Google Labs. She believes that ideas for new products can come from every employee and department within an organisation, and also from end users of the product or service.
In this free online course, Marissa explains how Google’s open culture and flat management of the organisation encourages creativity and brilliant ideas. She explains how Google sets asides 20 per cent of each employee’s time for creative projects and how this has proved to be a massive success. You will learn that Google do not make their product decisions on company politics but on data and facts. She explains how their focus on users and the software tools that keep users returning to Google has been at the centre of their success.
This course will be of great interest to business and IT professionals who want to learn more about Google's success and business practices that created this success.
Learning outcomes from this course:
- Learn that new products come from everywhere.
- Explain why both the enterprise and the end users are better served by a culture that revolves around rewarding great ideas.
- Why working with talented, smart people empowers and challenges each person to excel.
- How passion and momentum build when skilled employees have access to great tools and the time to stretch them in new directions.
- See what allows an enterprise to endure is its ability to learn from its mistakes and make corrections.
- Learn that facts and stats are the basis by which Google bases its decisions.
- Why a small amount of constraint fosters a lot of innovation
- See how Google focuses on users and how their mass of tools to keep users logged in has been the crux of their success.
- Why you should breathe new life into failed ventures instead of cutting the cord.
- What is it that differentiates Google from all of the other defunct dotcoms and is the reason for the company’s success.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 2 )
DEVELOPING BUSINESS IDEAS THE GOOGLE WAY
1 Developing Business Ideas The Google Way
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Developing Business Ideas The Google Way Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
Developing Business Ideas The Google Way Assessment