Caring in the Health Professions
Care relationships within health professions are of great importance and hold a lot of meaning for both the provider and recipient. This free online course will give you a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of care relationships within health professions. The course covers the issue of care relationships in a variety of situations and contexts. Some of the areas covered include: caring in a hospital setting, caring for the elderly and disabled in residential care, hospice care and care as a family affair. Topics such as the limits and boundaries of care, community care, the meaning of home, care transactions, and care of those who are at the end stages of life are also discussed. This course will be of great interest to professionals already in the health or care professions, to learners who are planning a career in the health professions and will also be beneficial to individuals who are either giving or receiving care.
Learn how to manage an organisation successfully
Upon completion of this course you will be more aware of growth-oriented firms. You will know the four phases of the growth model that describe the entrepreneurial process. This will help you identify growth problems in an organisation.You will be able to identify the triggers of industrial change that can transform a business. You will understand the various strategies that can be used in small companies for rapid growth and the risks that growth can have on a business. You will be more aware of the most common types of management mistakes.
- Module 1: Care Relationships
- Module 2: Caring in the Hospital
- Module 3: The limits and boundaries of care
- Module 4: Caring - A Family Affair
- Module 5: The meaning of home
- Module 6: Understanding meanings in community care
- Module 7: Living with death and dying
- Module 8: Ageing and disability - Transition into residential care
- Module 9: Care transactions
- Module 10: Care in the Health Professions Assessment