Preparing to Manage - Skills and Practices
Successful business management practices implemented by skilled and knowledgeable managers are vital for the continued success and growth of any business. This free online course introduces you to essential business management skills and practices. The course starts by asking what management is, and reviews managerial characteristics and skills. The course covers topics such as managing external relationships such as with customers and suppliers. It introduces management accounting practices and procedures, best practices for managing and using information systems, how to manage information about business competitors, and best practices for human resources management in terms of selecting, training and appraising employees. This course is ideal for business professionals who are working in established companies and who want to prove a basic competency and knowledge of business management matters, and also to learn more about successful business management skills and practices.
Improve your management skills
Upon completion of this course you will gain a good knowledge of management and the characteristics of an effective manager. You will understand how to manage external relationships, accounts, information systems, competitive intelligence and employees successfully.
- Module 1: What is Management?
- Module 2: Managerial Characteristics and Skills
- Module 3: Managing External Relationships
- Module 4: Managing the Accounts
- Module 5: Managing the Information systems
- Module 6: Managing Competitive Intelligence
- Module 7: Managing Employees
- Module 8: Business Management Skills and Practices Assessment