Diploma in Operations Management
Operations management is of central importance to any organisation, whether they are manufacturing companies producing physical products or organisations offering services, or whether the organsiation is in the private, public or voluntary sectors. This free online course reviews a wide variety of topics from the development of operations management, to the role of the operations manager, the transformation model, planning and scheduling methodologies and practices, and inventory and quality management. This course will give learners a thorough understanding and knowledge of operations management and its organisational and managerial applications. The course is ideal for learners working in organisations, or who would like to work in organisations, and who want to contribute to the development of the organisation in the area of operations management.
Understand the important responsibilities and decision making that an operations manager must deal with on a day-to-day basis
Upon completion of this course you will know the three basic components of operations management and the strategies used in business development. You will gain a good knowledge of the relationship between operations, productivity and competitiveness. You will be able to identify the difference between manufacturing and a service organisations. You will know the different types of development that occurs when managing operation in an organisation. This course will help you to understand the important responsibilities and decision making that an operations manager must deal with on a day-to-day basis.You will understand the concept of a transformation model for analysing operations. You will understand the functions of inventory and quality management.
- Module 1: What is Operations Management?
- Module 2: Development of Operations Management
- Module 3: The Operations Manager
- Operations Management Assessment 1
- Module 4: The Transformation Model
- Module 5: The Boundary of the Operations System
- Module 6: Operations Management Strategies
- Module 7: Applying Operations Management - Inventory and Quality Management
- Operations Management Assessment 2
- Operations Management End of Course Assessment