Basics of Electrical Technology
The power of electrical energy has been harnessed by engineers over the past century to transform society and how we live our lives. The phenomenon of electrical energy has been known since the 16th century, but it was only in the 19th century that rapid progress was made in the areas of electrical technology and electrical engineering. This free online electrical technology course introduces the basic laws of electricity, sources of electricity and safety procedures when working with electricity. It also reviews electrical technology such as resistors, inductors, capacitors and series and parallel circuits. This free online electrical technology course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn the basics of electricity and how electrical technology works to bring all the benefits of modern living into our lives.
Learn more about the basics of electrical technology.
Learning outcomes: - Understand how to be safe around Electrical Technology; - The basics and the basic laws of Electrical Technology;
- Module 1: Safety Methods
- Module 2: Electricity Sources
- Module 3: Resistors
- Module 4: Inductors
- Basics of Electrical Technology - First Assessment
- Module 5: Capacitors
- Module 6: Basic Laws of Electricity
- Module 7: Single Phase AC Series Circuits
- Module 8: Single Phase AC Parallel Circuits
- Module 9: 3 - Phase System Power, Energy and Power Factor
- Basics of Electrical Technology - Second Assessment
- Basics of Electrical Technology - Final Assessment